Guidelines for Reopening of Vacation Rentals
INFORMATION FOR VACATION RENTALS PURSUANT TO EXECUTIVE ORDER 20-123 AS ISSUED MAY 15, 2020
RECOMMENDED SAFETY MEASURES Effective May 18, 2020, the following measures are recommended as minimum standards for vacation rentals that are accepting reservations and guests for any length of stay:
- Maintain adequate time between the conclusion of a guest stay and the check-in of the next guest stay for appropriate cleaning and sanitation.
- Clean and disinfect all frequently-touched surfaces in the property between each guest stay.
- Wash all linens, dishware, and other service items available for use by guests between each guest rental.
- Provide sufficient soap and surface sanitation supplies for guests to utilize in the vacation rental property during the guest’s rental period.
- Ensure adequate safety protocols are in place and publicly displayed, in line with CDC guidance, regarding shared or multi-residence amenities such as pools, gyms, and other communal spaces.
OTHER BEST PRACTICES Effective May 18, 2020, the following best practices are also recommended for vacation rentals that are accepting reservations and guests for any length of stay:
- Use mobile platforms for customer service and communication with guests, including the acceptance of payments by mobile or electronic methods.
- Minimize direct guest contact with property owners or managers through remote check-in and check-out procedures.
- Post signage or other notices regarding the cleaning practices that are completed prior to each guest stay.
- Display signage or notices to guests in the rental property to frequently remind guests to take steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the wiping and sanitation of touched surfaces.
Sumter County Vacation Rental Owners are also required to follow reporting requirements.
Property owners and managers shall provide a report weekly to the Sumter County Economic Development Office (first report due 5/22/2020), which includes all reservations (Arrival/Departure dates) and home zip codes of renters by entering the information at the portal on the tourism website at https://discoversumterfl.com/contact-us/
More information at: https://sumtercountyfl.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=639